Tuesday 1 September 2015

A big bubble of happy

The weekend just gone was the last bank holiday weekend in the UK till Christmas which is both sad and exciting as this year has flown by so quickly.

I have always believed in the thought process that if you surround yourself with happy people and try to maintain happy thoughts that you truly will live a happy life.  I have always found mindfulness when it comes to happiness a particularly difficult emotion to hold on to as I am always too busy remembering something I did wrong or something that I wished I could change.  I know I have said before that I really am grateful for my life as it is in this moment and I wouldn't change anything about it but I still find myself lingering on memories which threaten to remove all traces of happiness because even in my mind I blow them out of proportion.

There is always that one person though that puts a downer on everything.  I sometimes think that amongst my friends, that person is me and maybe I am being harsh but it's what I mostly know to be true.  In my life, I definitely have at least one person who really does blow things out of proportion.  Usually I can keep my calm (sort of) but this week I have found them particularly draining.  My hormones have been all over the place and having my son in nursery has not helped.  Having my guard down and listening to someone drivel on about all of their misfortune (from years ago) and of the things I could do to improve myself did not make for easy listening and it really is hard to stay present and in the moment when you have such a distraction.   Thankfully though, as exhausting as my week has been and as difficult as it was enduring someone so obviously unhappy with their lives I got to spend my entire long weekend with my boys before I start back at work next week.

Despite the fact the weather was so rubbish this weekend and my son having a viral infection, the three of us got to spend some serious quality time together and I would like to think my son appreciated our time.  I just wish it wasn't the end of my maternity leave so soon! 

~AB~

No comments:

Post a Comment