Thursday 16 July 2015

Some of my planned future projects

Although I have had a very productive (I think) maternity leave, I still have a list of things to do in my mind which I would like craft in the very near future.  Some of these include: 
  • Name bunting for my son's room like this:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/transaction/157516601? 
  • A marquee light for my son's little reading and play nook: 
http://www.homeyohmy.com/diy-marquee-sign/
  • sanding down and applying chalkboard paint to the top of a kiddy table left behind by the previous owners
  • applique-ing/painting the two chairs that came with it
  • sanding down and distressing in an aged white paint, a side table they also left behind so I can use it as a bedside table in our predominantly white guest room
  • spray painting a row of coat hooks (also left behind) and some small picture frames in a mint green where I will frame my son's monogram and hang them low in our hall for my son to eventually be able to hang his own coat
  • either the t-rex or the elephant soft toys as I have a ton of fat quarters left I won't be using: http://blog.hobbycraft.co.uk/21-animals-to-make-with-fat-quarters/ 
  • then re-covering a bunch of old cushions for my son's nook
In writing this, I have noticed all bar one of the projects are for my son which can only mean one thing... I'm done crafting for the house and my husband and I.  They should be simple little craft projects but I'm hoping my son will like them like he does the mobile as I really do love the personal and handmade touch especially for babies.  Wish me luck, I have a very very long summer ahead!




No comments:

Post a Comment