Tuesday 14 July 2015

Getting my serious craft on

Since being on maternity leave, I have found a dearth of things to spend time on to keep my adult mind busy.  Some of these things I have photographed and written about in previous posts but to summarise, they include: 
  • a cloud mobile for my son 
  • baby basket for my pregnant friend full of toiletries and necessities 
  • biscuits for my friend's birthday and Father's Day
  • two cross stitches, one very simple and one very time consuming 
  • two name buntings 
  • spray painting a mirror upcycle 
  • creating and applying a house number window transfer
  • sewing velcro (by hand as I still don't have a sewing machine) to two sides of four changing mat covers
Things I still want/need to do: 
  • Finish painting the textured papier mache letters I have made for my son who loves to touch different textures 
  • Create a blackboard for the kitchen (painted but needs finishing touches) 
  • Upcycle our full length mirror to match our existing room decor
  • Create little coat hooks to match our hallway decor at toddler height 
  • The study which needs to be a study and not a dumping ground
  • MY GARDEN!
I seem to be in the middle of so many things at the moment and I'm desperately trying to get them finished one by one.  As soon as I finish something I think of something else! As you can see from above, I still have the mirror upcycle, blackboard and papier mache letters to finish but they all require time or a clamp of some kind which I don't have.  My plan is also to bake red velvet Mickey Mouse cupcakes and sweet potato baby crackers for a birthday part in the next couple of weeks, nothing like burning the midnight oil to get something I have inflicted on myself done! I will have to post pictures again when I'm closer to done if that's ever the case, I think we have at least another year for the garden to be finished for sure but here's hoping everything else can be finished in the next month or so!  

~AB~

No comments:

Post a Comment