Monday 17 October 2016

Christmas ideas

My sister and I went to an event called StylistLive last week.  Stylist (the host company) is a free magazine which launched not so many moons ago and has become my bible ever since.  I absolutely love the articles and most importantly their lists at the beginning of every magazine.  The lust lists.  There are always so many amazing things on there and I dream of owning them.  StylistLive was an exhibition where there were talks, stalls for buying things and catwalk shows - my kind of place.  I had vegan cupcakes, what seemed like the largest Greek salad I have ever eaten and attended a talk about blogging.  They had absolutely everything there and I cannot wait for the one in 2017. 

(Turn down the sound, this was by a main road!)

Anyway, as I am apparently a loyal reader I was given two free tickets to attend two of their quieter days and I jumped at the opportunity.   Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the vegan cupcakes but I can assure you they were lovely! My sister, who was initially annoyed at being invited as she had to begrudgingly take a day off work (she is self-employed), enjoyed herself and even got to attend a talk about house buying which left her feeling a little more optimistic about home ownership.  To put it into perspective, our news outlets regularly report that first time buyers of homes will only be able to buy in their 40s due to affordability (in London).

That aside, there were some amazing stands for me to start my Christmas shopping.  Notonthehighstreet, which is similar to Etsy showcased their most popular picks on their site and offered the opportunity to personalise jewellery for free.  My sister fell in love with their necklaces and she is now the proud owner of a rose gold personalised pendant just like this but at the back of the pic:


I also intend to buy a sweatshirt for my son like this (with a floral applique instead of camo) from Edy & Bridge who are on Etsy:


And they have also agreed to make a personalised order for me so my son can have his birthday number sweatshirt just like last year!

I dislike buying samey things every year and I love everyone to have something a little bit more personal.  I love both of these as they will be as unique as the person wearing them.  Other things I will be buying this Christmas are:

A Nintendo Mini - for my long suffering husband
Buckaroo - for my nephew
National Geographic's Big Book of Why - for my inquisitive little brother
(I'm also getting their Space one too for him)
An amazing informative and fun lift the flap book - for my husband's Godson
And a very boring but very useful gift card for my mum

I'm still racking my brain as to what to get my Dad.  I absolutely love Christmas and I will hopefully be finishing a couple of projects which I will post up here when we're done.

Oh and before I forget, because you know Christmas actually starts on 1st December, my son will be getting his very first advent calendar, which looks like this...

Instead of chocolate they are mini Thomas the Tank Engine trains and the box unfolds into a train track!!!
I AM SO EXCITED!

~AB~

No comments:

Post a Comment