Thursday 7 July 2016

More interiors ideas I'm loving

I know I am a little late this week but things have been busy busy busy at home.

We got some news that isn't the greatest for our household however, this week has also been remortgage time and despite BREXIT (I refuse to speak about it) we just got the most amazing deal with our lender so I'm taking that as our silver lining to stay positive.

Bad news etc aside, I have been up to a lot this past couple of weeks.  I'm desperately trying to finish the last embroidery pattern for my son's room, it is such a labour of love but it's almost there.  Then there is painting.  So much painting.  I am so mad at my pregnant self for doing such a botch job on our house.  It has been niggling me since I did it that all of the lines on the door frames etc aren't entirely straight and there are blobs of colours that shouldn't be where they are.  Also being that we live in an old house, things move so I have had to fill many cracks and holes which I either didn't do two years ago or have appeared and I feel like are mocking me every time I walk into the room.  I have used so much caulk, I sent a faux letter to my husband addressed to the supposed creators of commercial use caulk, Elmer Wiggin and Robert Dicks thanking them for their contribution to construction.  I am so grateful for the invention of caulk I cannot truly express the words.   This weekend will be eggshell time - I have done the white eggshell but unfortunately someone left air to get into our black eggshell (not me) and I had to get some more so I can do our stairs again and door frames.  Then there is the table and chairs for my son which have had their first coat but unfortunately due to time, have had to take a back seat.  Keeping my fingers crossed for good weather this weekend so I can get those closer to finished too.

So anyway whilst I forget about all of that and have a moment's distraction, I wanted to share some more interiors ideas that pull me in every time I see a picture of them.  I don't know quite where I will fit all of these ideas into my house but one day, one day I will incorporate them all!

Herringbone:

Metro tiles laid in a herringbone pattern, I never thought it could get much more beautiful but then I saw the ombre image below and I am seriously lusting.  Whilst it must have taken a lot of planning the end result is so beautiful and I'm jealous.







Statement lighting:

One of my favourite lighting places - BHS has gone into administration.  I'm so disappointed not only as it's been a British brand for many many decades but because whoever their buyer was for lighting clearly had a talent which wasn't exploited to keep the store alive.  The dregs on their website do not demonstrate how truly unique their lighting collection was and unless someone rehires that talent soon and informs me about where they're moving to, I fear I won't ever be able to find a collection like it again.




We have this in our dining room (the photo does not do it justice) but I would have liked this instead if we had a spare few hundred pounds: 
The Lindsey Adelman Bubble Chandelier
And we have this in our hallway draping over our monochrome stairs (BHS)
Wingback chairs: 

As you may or may not have seen from an earlier post, I was super excited about a wingback chair which would be the new addition to our lounge which is from MADE.com.  I couldn't be happier with it and it looks fantastic next to our shark grey walls and white panelling: 



In the process of buying this however we did have another chair in mind which we were also considering: 


Next.co.uk
There doesn't seem to be an image online of the deep red chair we were looking at but this gives you an idea of shape.  I love the gentlemen's club look with soft feminine fabric. I do love chesterfield armchairs but they were a little heavy for our room although a chesterfield sofa instead of our current sofa would have been ideal.  

Finally, I have fallen in love with the stylings of this particular designer, Suzy Hoodless.  In particular her interior design of the Notting Hill Townhouse and Kensington Townhouse which are so in tune with what I love interiors-wise.  The simple palettes but complex patterns and textures are absolutely beautiful and I would love the opportunity to meet and/or shadow her or even someone like her one day.  I will leave you to explore the images yourself to see what a talent she is (and also to envy the people who I'm sure only live there for half of the year): 


(I mean, just look at this, the tiles, the light, the colours)
http://suzyhoodless.com/project/notting-hill-townhouse/

http://suzyhoodless.com/project/kensington-townhouse/



What interiors are you lusting after and who inspires you? 

~AB~

1 comment:

  1. Nice.

    See ours stunning oak and ash wood flooring collections. We supply and install solid and engineered hardwood flooring including chevron and herringbone wood flooring within the mainland UK.

    Wood Flooring With Style
    London, Edinburgh, Glasgow
    www.tomson-floors.com

    ReplyDelete