Monday 6 June 2016

Ikea hacks I wish I had the time for

I adore Ikea and I do indeed have a few pieces from there.  The thing I dislike about Ikea is that I'm not the only one who loves them and also they are ridiculously affordable meaning that lots of other people have the same furniture that I do.  Obviously other people feel the same way and this has given rise to one of the things I find most exciting about our generation - upcycling.

 I am constantly saying I want to do this to that mirror and this wall will have that and I will paint that table this colour and I will get to them all one day but in the meantime to add to my dream list, here are some of my favourite Ikea hacks that I may or may not finish one day: 

Rast chest of 3 drawers - Ikeahackers

Tarva dresser - Sarah Sherman Samuel

Vittsjo nesting tables -  Melodrama

Lack Grundtal table

http://www.remodelaholic.com/transform-ikea-cubbies-pottery-barn-console/
I could literally research this all day and keep on posting but I love these.  The lack table makeshift kitchen should be part of a post called "hacks I'm going to make time for".  I have been pondering getting a kitchen for my son for a while now but as we have a lack of space it has been a "where would it live?" discussion.  This hack is absolutely perfect! Unfortunately though, Ikea had a sale so... my son now has an Ikea kitchen which we have made room for in our dining room but in another lifetime I would definitely do this hack! 

~AB~

No comments:

Post a Comment