Wednesday 16 March 2016

Wedding nostalgia

I got married 6 years ago in October and even at the time as stressful as it was, I revelled in the planning.  All of the research I got to do, all of the dresses I got to look at and all of the venues that I had to whittle down to just one.  Whilst my husband asked for inclusion on some things (like the venue), I was pretty much left to my own devices and it was amazing.  I have said many times since our wedding, that I would love to renew our vows so we can have a special day all over again.  It truly was one of the best days of my life.  Our theme was a hint of Japan as my husband and I love it there and we got married here:

http://matara.co.uk/galleries/weddings/outdoor-weddings

Our colours were gold, ivory and brown and I had my bridesmaids in different long dresses but the same shade of gold.  My dress was an ivory replica of this dress:


I saw it and fell in love with it instantly and when I put it on, unlike other dresses I tried on, there was no claustrophobia and I didn't feel suffocated.  My bridesmaids all had obi belts on over the tops of their dresses made of ivory taffeta and they held fans in the same hand as the large Butler and Wilson style gold flower bracelets they were all wearing.  The table centrepieces were potted orchids that some of the guests got to take home, the names were after Japanese districts from the ceiling we had hung loads of paper lanterns.  It wasn't the 100% perfect day I had pictured but in hindsight, I wouldn't have changed much and I still look back on the day with happiness and also a little bit of sadness that I won't be able to relive that moment again and again.  6 years later, a friend of ours is getting married and has asked for advice and some links to what we did and had at our wedding - I found myself trawling through my wedding photos and looking at every element of the wedding all over again and wished I could be there in that moment.  I love weddings so much and if I could be involved in planning one for a friend or even helping someone out just a little, I think it would almost be like reliving my day all over again.  I'm hoping that one day I will get to renew my vows, it will be nothing like the first time but I can't wait to share that moment with my husband again with our baby(ies) to celebrate with us this time.  

~AB~

No comments:

Post a Comment