Wednesday 2 December 2015

It's oh so quiet

I know I have been missing for a while now, truth be told I have no time to actually write anything let alone write something someone would want to read.  

Our last weekend was spent in Poole visiting family, something which we should but never get round to doing quite enough.  Needless to say, the lack of sleep from my son growing and teething at the same time not so much ruined the weekend but helped to contribute to it not going so smoothly... also in true English style, it rained.  Torrential downpours, the entire weekend, topped off by traffic in London as per usual. 

Anyway, it is now December and everything has been kicked up a gear.  I have only just gotten round to doing the Christmas photos of my son so the cards will be later than I would like but it means I have two months down for the calendar (I did Halloween at the same time).  I am still in the process of buying Christmas presents and I am cursing myself that I left it this late, this will definitely not be happening next year! What I have done is confirmed numbers for my son's birthday, sorted out his birthday outfits (yes plural as he has a photoshoot as well), booked his year assessment, vaccinations and first dentist appointment and wrapped all of the presents I do have.  I am not letting myself off of the hook just yet though!  I would like to share with you some of the things I have achieved this month and where I got things from/what I used to help me. 

My planned skirt for the birthday and family photoshoot in two weeks time but in navy as it appears noone sells an affordable navy tulle skirt courtesy of Miss Kris: 
 














My son's birthday and Christmas bow-ties courtesy of Melody of Cuteness: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MelodyOfCuteness

Santa's Grotto for your little one for next year as they are all booked up now:
http://www.therainforestcafe.co.uk/

And finally, my son is a massive fan of the star from the Little Baby Bum youtube channel so I will be trying my hardest to make him a twinkle, twinkle cake and have used these to help me mentally create my vision: 

I'm going to try and do this without the words across the middle but instead a big fluffy 1!




 And I saw this tutorial as I'm going to need to hand paint the cake: 


Please let me know if you try/buy any of these as I would love to know what you got up to and hope they all work out for you.  I will definitely post pictures of the finished products though so you can tell me what you think. 

~AB~

No comments:

Post a Comment