Monday 16 November 2015

Onto the next challenge

With November halfway through it feels like Christmas is practically round the corner.   I am somewhat behind with my Christmas present buying but at least half of them have been dealt with.  If this were any other year, my cards would have been written and ready to be posted on 1st December (stamps already attached), all of the presents would have been bought and wrapped and I would have started purchasing the non-perishables for Christmas dinner.

I am yet to stage and photograph my son for the Christmas card photos despite having the outfit and the props so no Christmas cards have been ordered and Christmas food shopping will have to be done in its entirety (much to my distaste as I despise Christmas crowds) nearer to the time.  This will not be happening next year I cannot allow the stress of being this behind again! 

That being said I'm so excited for Christmas this year because it will be my son's first official one.  Last year, we were holed up in hospital waiting to be discharged but our results had gone missing but that is another story for another time. This year, we will be spending the holidays with family and celebrating on the correct day with all of the lights and the food and the bloating and the presents.  Christmas, if you hadn't already realised is my favourite holiday of the whole year.  I love nothing more than to prepare for it and although it feels like an anti-climax when the tree is bare underneath, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing your loved ones enjoying the presents you have painstakingly chosen and wrapped.  I know my son won't quite understand what's going on but what I hope he will understand is the love and excitement of it all.  

We still have the wreath I made on maternity leave from last year so this year, I think I might try my hand at making some tree decorations before our tree is decorated with decorations by my son.  So without further ado, below are some I have seen which I absolutely love.  Oh and just in case you were wondering... 39 days left! 


I've made this one before so I know I can!
What are you planning to make this Christmas? 

~AB~

No comments:

Post a Comment