Monday 21 September 2015

I know, I know

I haven't blogged for over a week, a fact I am well aware of but it seems my work mind has taken over and also we have a million deadlines at home (obviously self inflicted) to meet!
We have decided our son will be moving into his own room at the start of next month.  This brings a whole new bunch of jobs but also once it actually happens will probably (hopefully) be a huge weight off of both me and my husband.  This move means we need to make space and put the cot into the nursery and try and find a position for the baby monitor where my now mobile son cannot get to it. We then need to move back into our room (we have all been sleeping in the guest room) but we need to get a new mattress except our room mattress is bigger than the guest room so no we can't just swap them over and I need to clear out my wardrobe shelf so I can actually use my wardrobe.  I know the whole mattress thing could have been done earlier but who has money lying around for things like that?! 

I also have wanted for a long time to create a reading and playing nook in my son's room which I was hoping to do before he moved in but again, I need to buy him a wardrobe and bookshelf. The nook will hopefully include a wardrobe on top with a bookshelf on the bottom, there would be net curtains and sheets draping the ceiling above the space in front of the wardrobe and some fairy lights of some kind.  I did consider marquee lights which I had mentioned is on my to do list in an earlier post but I have discovered I am a little obsessive with named and monogrammed things so I didn't want my son to be bombarded with his own name!  The nook should feel like a massive tent/den and should be a nice little hidden space for my son to play and read and if he so wishes to nap as well as I intend to cover the whole of the floor space in the nook with cushions. 

I will have to post a picture when this finally gets done (in the next two weeks fingers crossed) but in other news, the study is finished and just needs a clear out of stuff that isn't supposed to be in there and then to be populated with stuff that is! Some of the artwork is also ready and waiting to be put up so this weekend will be a productive one hopefully, then that's one more thing off of my to do list! Here is the finished corkboard in all its glory...

One job down a million more to go!

~AB~

No comments:

Post a Comment