Monday 28 September 2015

Another day, another to do list

As per usual, I have spent the weekend and end of my week mostly getting stuff done. 

I had a ridiculously productive Monday last week and this week I am hoping to repeat the same.  I has mentioned in one of my previous posts that some of the things holding me back from achieving other things were actually purchasing things.  We have now purchased a wardrobe for my son, a radiator cover and some blinds for our lounge.  I know these seem so boring but I am super excited for every single one of them to be ready and in place in the house! 

The wardrobe arrived last week and although I have partially put it together I haven't had the time to finish it off! Every time I get started, my son wakes up and I have to drop everything! The radiator cover is due mid-October and the blinds are due in the next two weeks.  The radiator cover will be in our entry way as you walk into the house and will be like a makeshift shelf for a vintage style phone I intend to buy, something rather like this in a similar colour: 
Then above the cover I have decided we will then have a vintage baby photo wall in round or oval frames.  I have been trawling the charity shops here to see if I could find anything and as of yet, nothing has turned up but I am hopeful.  I have a porthole mirror which I will put up with the photos and I would also like to add some kind of abstract art to the selection which incorporates the colours of the space of black, white and mint green.  Instead of painting some hooks as well, I have found this from IKEA which has pegs in the perfect colour, although I do wish they weren't so big (please excuse the side profile).  This will go close to the floor just below our dado rail for my son's coats and hoodies so they're no longer piled up in his car seat and also so that when he is a little older, he can hang his own coats up: 
In our lounge, we have had tired old net curtains given to us kindly by my mother-in-law for privacy but they are dirty, dusty and covered in paint.  I am not a fan of net curtains at all so the sooner they can be replaced the better and that day comes closer and closer every day as our blinds are currently being manufactured!  I bought bottom-up blinds from a company called Tuiss.  The blinds are made to measure as the bay window we're having them in is an odd size and I don't want to have such gappy window dressings.  I had always planned for bottom up blinds over venetians as they would block less light and also it would mean the top of the windows could be left uncovered as I only intend to close the blinds 3/4s of the way up the window.  

The wardrobe, well you already know about that space and once it's done I will send a picture, then I will have to keep you updated on the progress of the little den which will sit in front of it.  

Other than that, I have been planning my son's first birthday.  Born so close to Christmas it makes for difficult planning but he is totally worth it and I'm not sure whether I'm going too OTT but I want to see his surprised face everywhere we go.  I won't say too much right now but my son loves the outdoors and in particular nature so his birthday will be tree themed.  That is as vague as I can keep it for now, I know he obviously can't read so would never find out but I would rather share the specifics after the fact.  Busy busy busy and this is a whole new week!

~AB~



No comments:

Post a Comment