Saturday 8 August 2015

Spanner in the works

This week has mostly been me trying to get things done and has been wholly unproductive. 

I am starting to come down with something and my son has been mega-teething so both of us are tired, in pain and ready for some r&r.  Luckily for my son, I bailed out of everything we had planned yesterday and he got to catch up on some seriously well needed Z's while I... did housework.  It now appears I have insomnia having tossed and turned for most of last night and then woke up to feed my son at 3am to be wide awake and not able to go to sleep again.  This does not a happy mummy make. 

The things I did get done this week: 
  • Daily washing up 
  • Most of the laundry 
  • My last two weeks worth of backed up ironing... except I now have a pile of more ironing 
  • Finished my menu chalkboard - I just need to think of things to make which are dairy free
  • Installed two of the three panels worth of cork board to our study
  • Spray painted our starburst mirror ready for installation this weekend 
  • Finished my wedding album again and bought it 
  • Made it through my buggy fit class without stopping
  • Baked a dairy free chocolate and almond cake to curb my cravings 
  • Watched the first episode of the newest Great British Bake Off (no I will not give spoilers)
 Obviously this was all around looking after my son, our classes/playdates and trying to stay awake.  I realise a lot of these things most stay at home parents do regularly so I'm not expecting a medal but my point is it's hard to get odd things you really want done, done between all of the juggling.  

What I failed at this week was my full length mirror upcycle which I started and unfortunately abruptly had to end as I cracked the mirror, by leaning on it.  Instead of upcyling anything my husband has suggested I just buy something I really want that will fit the space.  This is difficult however without it costing the earth or me needing to do something to it.  I just want a distressed white/cream full length mirror, I don't think that's too much to ask for except that it is unless I have hundreds of pounds to throw at it.  I don't know if it's just me but I resent paying money for something that is supposed to look aged when a similar product which doesn't look aged costs half the
price.  There is not much more work going into distressing something than there is creating something from new and no I am not going to do it myself to save money.  Someone will be selling their mirror or upcycle project at a reasonable price soon enough and I will then buy it but until then our slightly cracked, half upcycled mirror can stay where it is and has been for the last year and a half.

I'm off to do more washing up and then the ironing.  Hopefully this weekend which be much more productive! 

~AB~

No comments:

Post a Comment