Wednesday 22 July 2015

Not so antisocial butterfly

Since my last post about meeting new mums, my son and my life has become a constant influx of dates, are you free on this date, should we go to this thing etc.  I have absolutely no idea how this has all happened!

Once our yoga classes finished, we have been to songs, stories and rhymes sessions at our local library, pancake mornings, garden parties and we will be hopefully attending messy play sessions every Thursday.  I'm loving bouncing ideas off of other mums although I think I'm the most anxious out of the lot of them and my son is loving the interaction with babies born within a month of his birthday.  I think it will help a lot with his development as well as the other babies, as some of them are doing things the others aren't etc.  A friend of mine also has a son who is much younger than mine but as we used to work together we know how we both think and it's nice to be able to bounce thoughts around honestly and also I guess for her to ask for advice as we have already passed that stage.

I don't know what it is like outside of mine and the surrounding borough but we have something called SureStart Centres.  They are absolutely amazing and their facilities are fantastic.  One thing I have noticed is that in some centres a lot of the classes that are held are not free of charge whereas in our borough they are.  I appreciate this must be subsidised by the local authority responsible for the centre and never have I been so grateful I live where I do! Our centres are fantastic and I intend to make full use of them as much as I can before I go back to work.  I plan to book out the sensory room for my son and his friends to make the most of and while it is free why shouldn't I? It makes for a great play date although there are no cafes etc around us for the mums to get their playtime afterwards.

I still feel like a little bit of an outsider but that's probably just mostly in my head.  As far as they are still inviting us out, we will definitely be there! 

~AB~

No comments:

Post a Comment