Thursday 25 June 2015

More hours in the day please

I don't know if it's just me but since having my son there seem to be even less hours in the day than there were during my working week.  Before baby, I would struggle to find time to catch up with my husband and friends while trying to get enough sleep to function at work but now that my boy is here, I'm struggling to fit all of the stimuli he needs into his day and that's with less sleep!

I'm not sure if it is just me but it seems that all of the things I need to do to make sure my son looks presentable, is clean, fed and has learning and play time cannot be squashed into one 24 hour day.  I know there is a constant pressure not to judge development against other babies but at the same time you want to make sure you are stimulating your child enough that they will reach those milestones eventually.  My son used to roll onto his belly but he has now mastered sitting up and no longer wants to roll at all.  He is becoming more and more interested in standing which is in part awesome but on the other hand I cannot help but feel it is my fault as I encouraged sitting to standing and not tummy time.

There are also other parts of our daily routine I have tried to squeeze in but have been unable to... yoga.  I keep saying to myself I must make time to do some stretches with my boy, we can bond a little more and it would benefit him physically and emotionally but in the last two weeks I can count on one hand the amount of times we have done our little yoga routine... once.  I haven't taken my son to yoga classes as there are only so many classes we can afford but I was recommended this simple routine by Emma's Diary so I thought I would try it as I would have no excuse.  There was however, one thing I didn't factor in about doing this routine, time.  It is simple and short but yet there is that fine balance where you can't do it after he has just eaten or when he's too tired.  There is such a small window in between! 

Maybe I just need to manage my time better but I don't want to be too control freakish about what I do with my son all day.  I'm trying to be more patient and be more go with the flow so my boy doesn't learn some of my worst traits, he already frowns a lot! Have you found the balance? What are your tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment