Thursday 18 June 2015

"Dating" other mummies

Since my last post about making mummy friends, I seem to have become more sociable all of a sudden! I enrolled my son and I on a yoga course 8 weeks ago and from the first class all of the mums in it seemed to be the only ones I have really bonded with or felt I could make a bond with. 

I have been on a "date" with two of the four mums now and we will all be meeting up for a picnic (weather permitting) in a couple of days.  I have to say I am actually looking forward to it and don't feel panicked about having to make small talk as I feel like our personalities are quite similar.  

I think I have formed a particular connection with a mum who, in a strange twist of fate, was in the cubicle next to me in the post-natal ward and asked me to watch her daughter while she popped to the toilet!  We're very similar in personality and our parenting styles are very similar, better still our husbands got along and our babies had a good old natter at each other and my son even remembered her daughter! 

I know, I can't believe it seems to have happened so quickly either but one thing is for sure... there were no converse trainers in sight :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment