Sunday 22 May 2016

Summer mealspiration

I am loving this weather at the moment - hot weather to me = barbeque food.  Until our garden is presentable enough to have a summer barbeque soiree, I have been preparing barbeque food inside having to imagine the unmistakeable grill taste.   

If you love summer food as much as I do, please read on and try not to drool as much as I have over the pictures.  Here are a couple of the recipes I have tried out over the last couple of weeks (if not the exact recipe, I have tried to find the closest recipe to what I usually make):


Beef and mushroom burgers with chips and peas


Chicken and apple balls with mash and corn on the cob


Cod fish fingers with sweet potato chips and carrot batons


Honey and soy spare ribs with pak choi
Prawn, mango & avocado salad (this picture does not do it justice, also the dressing is missing)

Since being dairy free, I have tried to live as healthy a diet as possible for the sake of my baby boy as I don't want him to have the kind of influence I feel I had as a child (to be clear, my parents were not unhealthy but they didn't shy away from fat and takeaways either - I don't feel that's something I need my son to try at his tender age).  I do however, need to enjoy my food and although some of these are not the best dinners we could have, I can control the salt and sugar content without being looked at like I'm a control freak.  These aren't all though - here is the crowning glory and something I plan to make this week...


Pulled carrot buns with courgette fries
<drool>.

~AB~










No comments:

Post a Comment