Saturday 23 April 2016

Wardrobe clear out

Since having my son I have done a lot of coming to terms with things that have changed.  The main thing being my body.  Everyone says pregnancy will change your body and that has never been so clear as it is now.  Don't get me wrong, I loved my body when I was pregnant and I was hardly a beanpole before my son but I am definitely nowhere near where I thought I would be 18 months on.  

I know I have lost a lot of weight and although there is still a fair amount to lose I have had to be realistic with myself.  I gained a lot more weight pregnant than I probably should have but unfortunately I have noone to blame but pizza and my willpower.  In the process of gaining all of this weight, my body obviously got wider.  I am now even more hourglass than before except I still have my mummy pouch.  We have a wedding coming up at the end of the month and whilst I feel like I have been waiting my whole life for my friend to get married, I'm dreading it a little as I won't look the best that I was hoping for.  I bought a dress in December thinking I would lose tons of weight and it would drape off of me.  How wrong I was.  I will now have to beg to see if I can at the very least exchange the dress despite it being months old but never worn. 

I will be honest, I don't particularly hate the way I look now, just that I cannot get rid of this pouch that's left over.   However, I tried on the dress and the fact it would zip up but with a massive struggle made me upset and disappointed that my top half was now so wide, I would have to be in the next size up in clothes than what I used to be - forever.  I tried on back up dresses I had worn to other weddings and found the same problem, the waist was tight - nothing that my special knickers couldn't fix though but the top would barely close, if at all.  This afternoon, I pretty much culled many of my dresses in a bid to start afresh.  I will be selling a couple of the dresses on ebay as they still look pristine but the majority of them will find a new home through a charity shop.   My new outfit for the wedding will be this: 



And I can't wait to wear it and hopefully rock it! I so want to be proud of my mumbod and this should do it some justice.  

Building up my wardrobe again will be time consuming and costly but a necessary evil.  I'm glad I can tell myself straight and not have a wardrobe full of delusion.  I have never been one to hoard clothes on the off-chance I might wear them/lose weight to fit into them and I have no intention of starting now. 

~AB~

No comments:

Post a Comment