Tuesday 18 August 2015

House P*rn

When I bought my house there were a ton of sites I could not get enough of, some of which were used for inspiration and some were simply for sharing with friends and swooning over.  I am by no means an interior designer but I would like to think my construction experience has helped mould what I have managed to achieve in the house so far.

We opened up and adapted spaces people thought shouldn't be and have decorated reusing a lot of things that weren't supposed to work but just for some reason do.  These sites include: 
I also used these sites for items of furniture I had in my head that I needed and always managed to find something similar:
The quirks of the house include our bathroom basin table which I have included a picture of in a previous post made from a Singer sewing table and a slab of granite, the teacup pendant lights hanging over out little breakfast bar made from repurposed IKEA teacups and saucers and I am working on some others which may or may not ever be completed!  I loved designing our house and the little details but now that everything has been painted, I'm loving the accessorising.  I have become so handy at using spray paint and upcycling everything I don't quite know where it has spouted from.  I'm sure I never used to be this creative! Part of me is looking forward to going to work to be able to afford some of the things which I really want to furnish my house, a girl can dream! I hope these sites are as useful to you and your moodboards as they were to me, I could not get off of them and they never seemed to update their sites enough in a week for me to get my interiors "fix"! 

~AB~

No comments:

Post a Comment